Welcome

Retired, work part-time or shifts, enjoy being out in the countryside? Then cycle the lanes and byways of Cheshire and surrounding areas with Chester Easy Riders: you won't get left behind.
Chester Easy Riders is an independent cycling club affiliated to Cycling UK. We cycle every Thursday throughout the year with moderate and brisk day rides of 40 to 80 miles.

For more information see the About Us tab.

Thursday 19 February 2009

12th February 2009: Wettenhall & Tarporley

It was a bitterly cold wind from the north, only 2 - 3 degrees C, so I was not surprised when no one else had appeared at Rose Farm tea rooms. Ray had said he would not come if it was icy & where vehicles had splashed in the kerbside pools, they left a thin sheet of ice along the quiet lanes for 50 metres. Ray had made a wise decision as I spent the whole ride with my eyes glued to the road looking for the telltale smooth surface change.
I set off east past Oulton Park, then south through Wettenhall towards Nantwich. I kept a fair pace up just to keep warm, but never warmed up properly all day, even with 4 layers on top and 3 on my legs. Then it was back to Bunbury, Beeston Castle, Tattenhall and Tarporley for a late lunch before finally heading back to the Garden Centre. 25 miles in less than two hours.
My first ride "with" Chester Easy Riders, but not my last. I do like the idea of seeing places further a field from my home area of Little Neston which this group provides. It can be a bit monotonous covering the same lanes to / from the Eureka.
BMcD

No comments:

Post a Comment