Well, what a difference 7 days make. Last week I aquaplaned to Delamere; this week it was warm, sunny, if at times a bit breezy, riding from Guilden Sutton to Hawarden.
The cyclists already at the cafe were Ray S, Elwyn and his good lady Fiona, Anthony, Toby and then, as I arrived, Shane and Neil wandered in after cycling from their respective homes . The discussion concerning routes, as usual with CER, was like that bloke Starmer running the country. Very confusing and, basically, herding sheep seems easier. Anyway, as it turned out, we did a better job than him sorting ourselves out. Perhaps he needs to invite CER members to his parliament.
The resulting groups consisted of oh eck, due to his last minute dot com timing, Chris arrived so he ended up with Ray as his carer, Shane - haven’t a clue what he decided as Neil set off on his own leaving the rest of us to decide our destination. Elwyn mentioned Tattenhall, so that was that and off we set.
We headed back along the River Dee heading towards Chester then through Huntington picking up lanes around Saighton on the usual route to Waverton. We carried on past the Crocky Trail heading towards Walk Mill, through Burton, Hoofield, Huxley then to Alison’s for lunch. All in all around 23 miles at a steady pace where everyone took turns at the front due to the head wind. The only real thing of interest was Fiona having a drink which caused something that required Elwyn to give her a slap on the back. Then I noticed my saddle had come loose which was caused by the last two rides being on pathetic roads bouncing my rather delicate rear end up and down. At least that’s my excuse.
The food at Alison’s was excellent to be fair, with a varied menu which I didn’t expect. The usual subjects were broached and some intelligent conversations were had, due to the fact I was present - haha only joking - ranging from dogs to Norwegian cruises and speeding fines .
Lunch over, we all decided to head off on different routes back to our designated destinations. Mine was back to Guilden Sutton where I followed the route we took on the way in, but due to me forgetting my sat nav and my built-in one being erratic, I had an extra couple of miles to get back to my car. Toby and Anthony headed back to Chester and the Rossett two headed back their own way. So I’m unsure of everyone’s mileage but I achieved around 45 or 48 due to my small diversion.
So today’s little bimble was another excellent CER day with my group (as can’t speak for the others), but a good day .
KB
No comments:
Post a Comment