Today’s ride for me started a Mickle Trafford, so I started in the rain and finished in the heavy rain, I rode out the 11 miles to Holt. The road soon became a awash with debris from the surrounding fields and to cap it all there was a road closure just outside Farndon 😂. Anyway, once at the new meet this week I met Dave M who is starting to ride more often and further; then Ray S arrived, so we sat and laughed at ourselves for being so daft for riding in the rain when Ken arrived but didn’t stay, as he’d been out early; then Toby and Chris arrived.
I had a plan to do a little loop from Holt, so Ray Chris Toby
all said that seems a good as plan as any so we said farewell to Dave who was
just doing his own bimble.
We shot back over the Dee to Farndon, heading towards
Shocklach and as I was the stupid fool in front, went down a little lane. Then
Ray caught me up and said in all the years of cycling in this area he had never
been down this lane - as you guessed it was totally the wrong way . It obviously was my
nerves - nah it was because I’m an idiot .
So we got back on track towards Shocklach then turned just after the run down pub where we were stopped by a local out walking who informed us that the road we needed was closed and not passable but gave us a alternative route via Churton Lane which turned out to be a brilliant move as the route we took went over to Coddington then over to Manor Wood caravan park heading towards Tilston then Stretton. At the Carden Arms pub we had a team huddle and all decided to go back with me to MickleTrafford, then head their own way off on the Greenway.
So off we set heading back towards Churton, as
we knew the road was open there, but getting there we went down a farm
road that Ray and Chris had used a few weeks previous (which was a new one to me), then down the inter link to Churton getting back on the usual route to Waverton
then Mickle Trafford.
The ride and company was fantastic in warm but very wet conditions. Thanks to Ray for his local knowledge and then Chris and Toby who also took turns out front .We ended doing 26 miles continuous from Holt at a reasonable pace. Obviously, all 4 of us had completed many more miles but I did around 44 miles. As I left the 'Chester 3', I decided I’d just nip around the Barrowmore Estate to clock up some extra and also because I thought I’m drenched and it’s a shame to go home early.
So to all those who decided to stay
indoors wearing your fluffy slippers and housecoats because you where sensible
and looked at the weather , I’m sat at home thinking yep that was daft but fun
.
KB
No comments:
Post a Comment