Welcome

Retired, work part-time or shifts, enjoy being out in the countryside? Then cycle the lanes and byways of Cheshire and surrounding areas with Chester Easy Riders: you won't get left behind.
Chester Easy Riders is an independent cycling club affiliated to Cycling UK. We cycle every Thursday throughout the year with moderate and brisk day rides of 40 to 80 miles.

For more information see the About Us tab.

Friday 18 October 2024

17th October 2024: Bunbury

 In a change from the norm, this will be a very short blog, as I have no time at all over the next few days and as nobody in the group would volunteer to write the blog, it is therefor short and that means everybody escapes my usual endearing comments- well almost- Lol, Lol.

8 turned up at Alison’s -10 in fact, as the  tandem team turned up, just as we were about to leave ( as usual- Lol)

I expected to possibly ride an easy one on my own, due to my cracked ribs, but was also happy to lead the easy rider group, which can you believe, became 8 individuals- Lol. DP & Liz decided to abandon as the motor on the Tandem wouldn’t fire up.


Photos AO

My route was to Tilly’s (under new management ) and very nice it was too. On departure, George and Elec Ray decided to head back to Alison’s, as Ray was having derailleur issues and was stuck in the big ring ( yes- he was on a proper bike, for the first time and a baptism of fire. However, he coped well, as there were a few  short inclines for him to get over- well done Ray.


The other Ray was the next to depart the group, as we passed through Waverton, only a few hundred mtrs before Fiona & Elwyn departed  for home via the A41 crossing.


Now only Steve Hu & Allan left, we turn left along the canal road.  To my surprise, I got spoilt with a nice tow for a change, when Steve hit the front into a light SW headwind. He pulled us to the traffic lights at the canal crossing.


10 minutes later, after passing the spot that caused my rib issue- Lol, I say goodbye at Alison’s. 

I ride the last mile home through the biggest of the floods for the day ( 50 mtrs long at least and just passable after some tricky 10-2 pedalling- Lol ( see pic) 



Photo NT

If there was any doubt as to the pace today, I got home with an AS of 13.8 mph- bang on the upper end of CTC’s recommended easy rider pace.

 

Cheers everybody, till next time.

 

PS- first time I have got my blog in on the day of the ride ( eat your heart out Steve Hu- Lol)

 

Neil.


See route map and/or gpx file download





No comments:

Post a Comment